Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thankful Thursday

There is always so much to be thankful for. I wish I focused more on those things during the week than all the problems or concerns that I am facing. One way that a thankful heart arises within me every time is listening to my Christian radio station in the car. I have now found Pandora at home! If you don't know about this- check.it.out! www.pandora.com It is a radio station that you can create your own music stations. I entered Alli Rogers, and now a plethora of wonderful music comes on that put me in a very thankful state of mind!

This was a low key week. Yes, I'm thankful for that, too! Christmas Eve was spent with Todd, Austin, Ashley and Laura at my favorite Chinese restaurant, Chens. I decided cooking on Christmas Eve and having my family for brunch on Christmas Day was just TOO MUCH!! Kalie spent the evening with Jeremy's family; a new tradition that will now carry on through their married life!

After watching "A Christmas Story" and going to bed relatively early, Todd and I woke up at 6 to put the Christmas ham in the oven. Actually, he did all the work, I watched and sipped my coffee on the sidelines! By 8:00 we woke the kids and announced that Santa had arrived!
After presents, I made some deviled eggs, put the ham on a platter, shared the lox, cream cheese & bagels, and set out the fruit. A light brunch was perfect!

We enjoyed our presents and our family!



Because of so much rain here, we have played until our hearts content! It has been a relaxing vacation! For that, I am extremely thankful!

No comments: