Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Menu

Well, I have to let myself off the hook and realize that blogging everyday is just not going to happen. I need time to think, plan, and write; unfortunately, this is a rare commodity! Today is MLK holiday, so I'm home with Austin and minimizing our options for our day off. We are leaning towards the Long Beach Aquarium! Full of colorful fish, different regions displaying cool aquatic areas, it's full of learning and fun.

Tonight I will make a simple spaghetti and meatball dinner, but I am going to tackle a real Caesar salad - down to the anchovy! I am going to buy a sourdough baguette and slice it into pieces. Oil both sides and bake in an oven for 5 minutes, then top with grated parmesan cheese baking for 10 - 12 minutes until cheese melts. These crisps will lay on top of the romaine lettuce in the salad bowl. The dressing will be 9 anchovy fillets, 4 tsp. minced garlic, salt, pepper, and 1/3 c lemon juice blended in the food processor or blender. With just the inner romaine lettuce leaves remaining whole, I'll drizzle the dressing over the leaves and top with the crisps and curls of parmesan.

Last night Todd and I went to see a guitarist, Joe Satiorini. I'm sure I just butchered his last name, but I really don't know who he is. Although, he is a great guitar player! It was held at the Orpheum Theater in downtown Los Angeles. I was impressed with Joe's ability to play, but I was more impressed with the architecture of the theater. Built in the 1920's, it was amazing with marble walls, ornate ceilings, custom seating everywhere and elegant chandeliers hanging from all the ceilings. Beautiful.

With a busy calendar month, I'm trying hard to keep on track with my menus! Inspiring recipes and new dishes always make squeezing in a delicious dinner more enjoyable!!
Happy Cooking!

No comments: